Handwarmers, maintenance, and rebuilding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
shane55

spring catalyst in butterfly handwarmer Empty spring catalyst in butterfly handwarmer

Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:18 pm
I just installed a spring catalyst in a chinese butterfly type handwarmer.After lighting, the burner got hot but the body of the handwarmer did not heat much at all, even after waiting 45 minutes or so. I decided to try the catalyst without the spring and reinstalled the original catalyst retainer. The body of the Handwarmer did get hot then, cooled down when held in the hand but would heat up again fairly quickly if left back on table.I presume this is normal - the heat from the handwarmer body is absorbed by your colder hand quicker than it can be replaced by the burner? Are the spring catalysts not suitable for some types of handwarmers. For some reason with the spring catalyst heat transfer was not taking place between the burner and handwarmer body. Could the reinstallation of the catalyst retainer have remedied this?
Arjan2010

spring catalyst in butterfly handwarmer Empty Re: spring catalyst in butterfly handwarmer

Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:03 pm
Hello Shane55,

I got a similar experience with one of my Peacocks the first time. I simply realigned the spring and put it lower in the head. Maybe you can also squeeze the burner so it will fit more tight on the body (?)
I hope this helps!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum